Barbara Hanselman's Discussions (20)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"I found the same to be true, my older batch of Weathered Bronze no longer fires with…"

Barbara Hanselman replied Mar 20, 2019 to 5 to 10 years in the bucket and its not the same.

8 May 9, 2019
Reply by Norm Stuart

"Pete’s Seafoam Glaze ^5/6 9.6% Ferro Frit 3134 51.3% Feldspar-Kona F4 25.5% Strontiu…"

Barbara Hanselman replied May 2, 2018 to Pete's Weathered Bronze (Green)

17 May 2, 2018
Reply by Barbara Hanselman

"Yes, he seems to be! We are lucky to have him and his input on Electric Cone 6!"

Barbara Hanselman replied Mar 4, 2018 to Firing with Cornstarch on the Clay Surface

6 Mar 4, 2018

"Thanks, Norm, for the explanation. We also fire paper clay so the comparison should…"

Barbara Hanselman replied Mar 4, 2018 to Firing with Cornstarch on the Clay Surface

6 Mar 4, 2018

"My cornstarch is housed in cornstarch socks, you know those single lost socks from t…"

Barbara Hanselman replied Mar 3, 2018 to Firing with Cornstarch on the Clay Surface

6 Mar 4, 2018

"http://www.frogpondpottery.com/tested-glazes/mid-fire-stonewareporcelain/weathered-b…"

Barbara Hanselman replied Jan 22, 2015 to Pete's Weathered Bronze (Green)

17 May 2, 2018

"Love both these glazes!  This Weathered Bronze or Pete's Seafoam (I can't remember w…"

Barbara Hanselman replied Jun 24, 2012 to Pete's Weathered Bronze (Green)

17 May 2, 2018

"You may have to tweak the final temperature for your own kiln as we had to do at Mai…"

Barbara Hanselman replied Jun 23, 2012 to Pete's Weathered Bronze (Green)

17 May 2, 2018

"The best I can do is give you this article by Pete which I base my slow cool firing…"

Barbara Hanselman replied Jun 23, 2012 to Pete's Weathered Bronze (Green)

17 May 2, 2018

"What is synthetic iron oxide?"

Barbara Hanselman replied Mar 16, 2012 to Magruder Red cone 6

29 Jun 21, 2014
Reply by Donna Kat

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Use These Links to Support Us

Low cost flat lapping disc can be used on you potters wheel if you, drill bat pin holes in it, and provide a trickle of water to cool it. At amazon.com, 120 grit for aggressive material removal. Click the image to purchase 

Members have had great things to say about John Britt's new book, Mid-Range Glazes. Click the image to buy from Amazon.com

Purchase Glazes Cone 6 by Michael Bailey, The Potters Book of Glaze Recipes by Emmanuel Cooper, or Making Marks by Robin Hopper, all available at amazon.comMastering Cone 6 Glazes by John Hesselberth & Ron Roy is now out of print.

Harbor Freight is a great place to find unbeatable prices for better HVLP spray guns with stainless steel parts and serviceable economy models, as well as detail guns, all tested by our members for spraying glazes, as well as compressors to power the guns. As yet no one has tested and commented on the remarkably inexpensive air brushes at harbor freight.

The critter siphon gun is a spray alternative that is well liked by some of our members, and is available at amazon.

Amazon is also a competitive source for photo light tents for shooting professional quality pictures of your work. They also have the EZ Cube brand favored by several of our members. You might also want to purchase the book Photographing Arts, Crafts and Collectibles . . .

If you are up to creating videos of your work or techniques you might want to invest in a flip video camera

Following are a few scales useful for potters. Ohaus Triple Pro Mechanical Triple Beam Balance, 2610g x 0.1g, with Tare $169.00

And finally a low cost clone of the OHaus. The Adam Equipment TBB2610T Triple Beam Mechanical Balance With Tare Beam $99.62

ebay is a great alternative for many tools and the equipment used in the ceramics studio - kilns, wheels, extruders, slab rollers are often listed there both new and used.

Tips for Members

If you just want to spout off, it is best accomplished as a blog posting. If you want to get more guidance and ideas from other members, ask a question as a new discussion topic. In the upper right corner of the lists for both types of posting, you will find an "+Add " button. Clicking it will open an editor where you create your posting. 4/16/2014

© 2024   Created by Andrea Wolf.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service