Glazes - Recipe Exchange (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to create light brown specks in low fire glaze

I am trying to create fairly large cinnamon-brown specks in a cone 05 cream glaze. While I know of materials to make dark brown or black sp…

Started by Nancy Krug

8 Jun 18, 2013
Reply by Nancy Krug

Who has a great white glossy glaze for dinnerware c6?

I need to change my white glaze to one that will withstand the test of time. I see the one I have used for 30 years is checking. Please let…

Started by Sharlene Sieloff

7 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Sharlene Sieloff

WSG31 clear

Hi- does anybody have Emmanuel Cooper's recipe "WSG31 Clear"? I read that this is recommended by the Mason Co. for mixing with their stains…

Started by Joan Connolly

6 Apr 27, 2013
Reply by Norm Stuart

C Harris Temoku

I mixed a test batch of this about 4 years ago and loved it. I then mixed a whole 5 gallon bucket full, and used it until I ran out last ye…

Started by George Lewter

2 Apr 8, 2013
Reply by George Lewter

Transparent glaze

A recipe for transparent jade green was given by a member about a year ago.    It's a beautiful and working glaze that I enjoyed using unti…

Started by Nancy Bibby

0 Mar 4, 2013

drippy cone 6 glaze

Hello,  I'm looking for a cone 6 base glaze recipe that is not just runny but will give nice big fat drips.  I'd like to use this glaze as…

Started by Grace Sheese

1 Feb 4, 2013
Reply by Brian Guffey

Looking for a good clear glaze for little loafers

Im considering switching my clay to little loafers. I need to find a good clear glaze to go over slip decorations. I'm going to test what…

Started by Leigh Whitaker

5 Dec 16, 2012
Reply by Leigh Whitaker

anyone here a people person?

So im more of a figuative sculptor but am having trouble finding a cone 6 base flesh tone recipe. Anyone have any suggestions?

Started by tim daulong

4 Nov 4, 2012
Reply by Kabe Burleson

Archies base

I've been using Coyote's Archies base with great results. I seem to remember having a recipe for this when I got out of college eons ago.…

Started by Denise Martin

1 Nov 2, 2012
Reply by Ann Schrader

micro-crystalline glaze for c6

Hello everyone, I am trying to find a recipe for a crystalline glaze with small but well-visable cristals for c.6 Prefeable without barium.…

Started by marlies bontenbal

5 Oct 7, 2012
Reply by Steve Tyler

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Use These Links to Support Us

Low cost flat lapping disc can be used on you potters wheel if you, drill bat pin holes in it, and provide a trickle of water to cool it. At amazon.com, 120 grit for aggressive material removal. Click the image to purchase 

Members have had great things to say about John Britt's new book, Mid-Range Glazes. Click the image to buy from Amazon.com

Purchase Glazes Cone 6 by Michael Bailey, The Potters Book of Glaze Recipes by Emmanuel Cooper, or Making Marks by Robin Hopper, all available at amazon.comMastering Cone 6 Glazes by John Hesselberth & Ron Roy is now out of print.

Harbor Freight is a great place to find unbeatable prices for better HVLP spray guns with stainless steel parts and serviceable economy models, as well as detail guns, all tested by our members for spraying glazes, as well as compressors to power the guns. As yet no one has tested and commented on the remarkably inexpensive air brushes at harbor freight.

The critter siphon gun is a spray alternative that is well liked by some of our members, and is available at amazon.

Amazon is also a competitive source for photo light tents for shooting professional quality pictures of your work. They also have the EZ Cube brand favored by several of our members. You might also want to purchase the book Photographing Arts, Crafts and Collectibles . . .

If you are up to creating videos of your work or techniques you might want to invest in a flip video camera

Following are a few scales useful for potters. Ohaus Triple Pro Mechanical Triple Beam Balance, 2610g x 0.1g, with Tare $169.00

And finally a low cost clone of the OHaus. The Adam Equipment TBB2610T Triple Beam Mechanical Balance With Tare Beam $99.62

ebay is a great alternative for many tools and the equipment used in the ceramics studio - kilns, wheels, extruders, slab rollers are often listed there both new and used.

Tips for Members

If you just want to spout off, it is best accomplished as a blog posting. If you want to get more guidance and ideas from other members, ask a question as a new discussion topic. In the upper right corner of the lists for both types of posting, you will find an "+Add " button. Clicking it will open an editor where you create your posting. 4/16/2014

© 2024   Created by Andrea Wolf.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service